Mortgage Prevention Resources
5 Tips to Avoid Foreclosure
- Contact your lender.
- Open and respond to all mail from your lender
- Call a HUD approved Housing Counseling Agency (www.hud.gov)
- Create a personal budget and review all your financial resources.
- Consider ways of increasing your income and reducing your expenses.
The worst thing you can do is nothing… get assistance today!
* Please beware of anyone that asks you to pay for help. Services are available free of charge. Beware of foreclosure scams.
Helpful Websites and Phone Numbers
- Hope Now: A federal non-profit assistance program – 1-888-995-HOPE (4673)
- Making Homes Affordable website: Find out if your home is owned by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. You may have special refinance or modification options.
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service: (800) 251-2227
- Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County: (561) 655-8944- Foreclosure Information Packet