MORTGAGE PREVENTION RESOURCES
5 TIPS TO AVOID FORECLOSURE
1. Contact your lender.
2. Open and respond to all mail from your lender
3. Call a HUD approved Housing Counseling Agency (www.hud.gov)
4. Create a personal budget and review all your financial resources.
5. Consider ways or increasing your income and reducing your expenses.
The worst thing you can do is nothing... get assistance today!
* Please beware of anyone that asks you to pay for help. Services are available free of charge. Beware of foreclosure scams.
Helpful websites and phone numbers
HOPE NOW - a federal non-profit assistance program - 1-888-995-HOPE (4673) or www.hopenow.com
Making Homes Affordable website. Find out if your home is owned by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. You may have special refinance or modification options - http://www.makinghomesaffordable.gov/
Consumer Credit Counseling Service - (800) 251-2227 www.cccsinc.org
Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County - (561) 655-8944- Foreclosure Information Packet